The Better Bicycles project has just been launched (in March 2015) and this page is currently under development. If you would like us to update you as the project progresses then please sign-up by entering your email below the main menu. You can also click here to find out more about the project. Or search our research publications database which already has 700 publications listed.
Our research is grouped into the following categories:
- Background information This covers areas that are not related to the design of bikes but are useful to inform design; traffic, user behaviour, the bike market etc.
- Geometry, ergonomics and aerodynamics
- Structure; the frame and forks and general information about stress analysis
- Tires and wheels
- Transmission and power input
- Lights, visibility and traffic safety
- Helmets and protective clothing
- Luggage and child carrying
- Locks security
- Electric drives and power assistance